Sold as the ultimate family holiday, the Holiday Village Resort is a beach front complex in the Dalaman region of Egypt. Featuring 7 pools and offering a variety of activities this hotel that should be a dream destination has unfortunately developed a very poor reputation for holiday illness caused by poor hygiene standards.
Amongst the illnesses reported at the Holiday Village Resort are forms of food poisoning including Salmonella and E. Coli, caused by coming into contact with infected food and water. Cases of Cryptosporidium have also been reported. This illness can be contracted by coming into contact with pool water that can sometimes contain traces of infected faecal matter.
Whilst staying in the Holiday Village Resort it is important to follow these guidelines to reduce the risk of food poisoning and other holiday illnesses:
- Avoid foods not cooked thoroughly and/or re-heated incorrectly.
- Avoid foods not prepared hygienically.
- Avoid food not stored at the correct temperature
- Frequently use an alcohol-based hand gel.
- Avoid salads and any uncooked fruits and vegetables (these may have been handled unhygienically)
- Avoid swimming in water or pools that appear dirty and untreated.
In the event that you do get ill Sickholiday advise that you seek medical attention whilst on holiday as this will greatly increase your chances of making an eligible claim upon your return.
It is your tour operators’ responsibility to make sure you are provided with a safe, clean and hygienic hotel.
If you have fallen ill whilst on an all-inclusive holiday get in touch with a member of our team. We have over 10 years industry experience and we will be happy to help you through the process of claiming back the cost of your holiday plus any additional compensation you may be owed.