Being involved in a road traffic collision is a frightening experience; even more so when it occurs whilst on holiday. This is a type of accident that can involve any type of vehicle.
In most cases you would be able to bring a claim forward in your country of residence; thanks to the EU Motor Insurance Directives there is often no need to instruct a lawyer abroad.
We can help you get compensation if the accident wasn’t your fault and it happened inside an EU country, the USA or it was with a foreign national inside the UK.
Our team can help if you have had an accident in any of the following:
- Rented vehicle (car, motorbike, quad bike, buggy, skidoo or bicycle);
- Your own vehicle in another country;
- Taxis booked through the hotel;
- Privately booked taxis (you must have the registration and drivers details);
Time limit – Time limits vary, and depending on the country to which you travelled it can be as short as a year. However you will in most cases have 3 years from the incident date to bring a claim forward.
If you have an accident, please remember if possible to:
- Call the local police (you may wish to ask for an interpreter);
- Take the details any vehicles and drivers involved;
- Report the incident to your insurance company;
- Take photos of the accident;
- Take photos of the road and make note of the location;
- Never sign anything you don’t understand.
Our team have processed thousands of claims for UK tourist. If you are unsure as to whether you could make a claim, our advice would be to call our dedicated team today on 01625 253020.