Being involved in a road traffic collision is a frightening experience; even more so when it occurs whilst on holiday. This is a type of accident that can involve any type of vehicle.

In most cases you would be able to bring a claim forward in your country of residence; thanks to the EU Motor Insurance Directives there is often no need to instruct a lawyer abroad.

We can help you get compensation if the accident wasn’t your fault and it happened inside an EU country, the USA or it was with a foreign national inside the UK.

Road Traffic Accidents On Holiday

Our team can help if you have had an accident in any of the following:

  • Rented vehicle (car, motorbike, quad bike, buggy, skidoo or bicycle);
  • Your own vehicle in another country;
  • Taxis booked through the hotel;
  • Privately booked taxis (you must have the registration and drivers details);
  • Transfers.

Time limit – Time limits vary, and depending on the country to which you travelled it can be as short as a year. However you will in most cases have 3 years from the incident date to bring a claim forward.

If you have an accident, please remember if possible to:

  • Call the local police (you may wish to ask for an interpreter);
  • Take the details any vehicles and drivers involved;
  • Report the incident to your insurance company;
  • Take photos of the accident;
  • Take photos of the road and make note of the location;
  • Never sign anything you don’t understand.

Our team have processed thousands of claims for UK tourist.  If you are unsure as to whether you could make a claim, our advice would be to call our dedicated team today on 01625 253020.

Let us advise you

01625 253 020

Start your claim

We’re happy to advise you on the phone

Been ill on a holiday in the last 3 years?
Use our claim calculator below.
For security verification, please enter any random two digit number. For example: 29

Want to enquire about your claim?

Live Chat